Breeding is at the core of our company. The overal breeding goal of Hypor is to deliver genetic solutions to support least cost pork production in the main pork producing countries. To support this goal we aim for:
- The fastest possible genetic improvement & the most efficient & secure geneflow
- Concentration of the best genes in a biologically balanced & economically profitable animal of high quality
- A well-balanced product portfolio of sire and dam lines to meet the global market demands
Strategic high health nucleus herds
Our nucleus units are geographically and strategically spread across the world. They accommodate large populations of our strategic and superior dam and sire lines. To maintain our high health status in all units they are located in remote regions and operate under strict protocols to stay free from PRRS, Myco and App and a list of other diseases.
- Uniformity of slaughter pigs is one of the most important traits
- Hypor breeding models offer a tailor made approach to get closer to market requirements & a sophisticated way to reach specialized breeding objectives in new markets
- Terminal sire lines determine the genetic base of final product characteristics & performance. By switching the sire the final product can switch from extreme lean to a higher fat/high marbling product.
- With techniques like BLUP & Biotechnology Hypor has developed a differentiation in terminal sire lines that meet a wide range of market requirements from extreme lean to high marbling-high Intra Muscular Fat.
- Here is an overview of our portfolio: